Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tooth Fairy

The tooth fairy forgot to come the other night.

Yep. FORGOT.

This is a fundamental no-no in my book.

In our electronic age, I tried to explain to my nine year old that perhaps the tooth fairy didn't get my email...or with the unusually moist climate the last few nights, maybe the tooth fairy didn't want to chance getting stuck in a storm.

Well, bottom line is...the tooth fell out that day and daddy forgot to tell mommy so mommy could make sure that the tooth fairy came.*sigh*

To make up, the tooth fairy left a hand made card and wrote a note to Troi that she/he was sorry about missing. That the last few days have been unusually busy and that she/he was "swamped". To make up, she/he left TEN dollars! So, this morning I was informed that the tooth fairy did not forget again and that a note was left. As Troi shared the note with me, he made sure I knew that the tooth fairy was stuck in a swamp so she/he could not get out to take care of business.

I think I have saved a believer.

Phew- that was a close one!

his brings to mind the numerous times I tried to earn extra cash by making paper mache teeth, cutting small pieces of paper into tooth shapes, even taking small stones that looked like teeth and putting them under my pillow. I never was able to fool the tooth fairy into leaving me any cash. I was however afraid that when I actually left a "real" tooth that I would get overlooked. After all, isn't that the moral of the story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"?

Never in those futile attempts at fooling the fairy did I ever think that there wasn't a fairy. I just figured she was damned smart to not be fooled by me.

Here's to hoping that Troi's teeth never get overlooked again and that the busy schedule the Tooth Fairy is keeping eases up a little. Like me, she/he has probably worked 3 weeks straight with no day off. *sigh*

Oh, the tooth fairy also signed the note "Love, T.F." Which Troi lovingly thought meant "Troi F." ha ha ha. I said no, I think it means Tooth Fairy. Isn't that cool that they have the same initials?!?I thought so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home